The shallow waters and reefs around the Andaman islands are a snorkeler’s paradise, and most visitors enjoy floating in the warm waters and watching the underwater life visible in the clear turquoise waters. Many beach stalls, local vendors, hotels and resorts offer rental equipment on the islands at a reasonable price. Even non-swimmers can participate in the sport with a special snorkel mask and flotation ring held by a guide in the shallow water at the public beaches. All islands except Middle Andaman have access to superb snorkeling locations on the beaches and nearby islands. Many good snorkeling sites are accessible at high tide from the shoreline, or you can visit uninhabited islands and reef systems by boat rental with guide if permits are required.
Havelock – Elephant Beach, Radhanagar, Kalapathar and Vijaynagar beaches, South Button, Tamarind Wall near Henry Lawrence Island
- Havelock - Elephant Beach, Radhanagar, Kalapathar and Vijaynagar beaches, South Button, Tamarind Wall near Henry Lawrence Island
- South Andaman - Jolly Bouy Island, North Bay, Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park
- North Andaman - Ross and Smith Island, Narcondam Island, Kalipur and Lamiya beaches
- Neil - Sitapur Beach, offshore at Bharatpur Beach, Laxmanpur Beach
- Long Island - Blue Planet Beach, Lalaji Bay Beach, Guitar Island
- Little Andaman - Bala Reef, Butler Bay, Hut Bay, Ganga and Chattan beaches