The beauty of these tropical waters is beyond imagination, with colorful reefs, amazing sea life, and vast canyons and walls that drop away into the deep. Beginners can experience the Andamans underwater during a visit to the islands, and even expert divers are amazed at the wide variety of diving experiences available. Best visibility in the water is from October through May, with the calmest seas from March to May. All islands have SSI or PADI certification scuba shops offering dive classes with dive masters, and can be found at hotels, resorts, jetties and adjoining the busier beaches. Live-aboard excursions can be booked to dive at Barren Island volcano and other remote locations.
- Havelock, Neil, South Andaman - most popular islands for equipment rental and classes
- North Andaman - Ross & Smith Island boat trips for day trip diving
- Middle Andaman - scuba interest growing in Mayabunder for Interview Island reefs
- Long Island - private scuba resort attracts divers from around the world
- Little Andaman - unexplored reefs and wall diving for experts only
- Cinque Island - North Point for experts only